Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bridesmaid Dress Possibilities

So the phrase, "And you could even wear it again!" has become famous, or rather infamous in the wedding planning circuit if you are at all familiar with brides choosing their bridesmaids dresses. I am full aware that if someone chooses a dress for me I'm going to grit my teeth purchasing it because it may well be something I'm going to wear once in my life. Now that said, it's not all that bad to have a one time dress and enjoy the heck out of it once... BUT who wouldn't want the chance to choose a dress they could eventually wear again? AND who doesn't love (or need) a black cocktail dress?

I have always liked a more simple, classy style and I mostly want to make sure my 'maids are comfortable in whatever they have on. I think I might make a trip individually with the girls to make sure we are both happy with the dress. Yes this does mean not having cookie-cutter 'maids, but I'm ok with that, I just want the dresses to be black, tea length to above the knee, and dressy enough for a wedding. Who said this wedding had to be about me shoving my taste down your throat? Really I'm of the school of thought that if someone doesn't like something about the day enough that they can politely excuse themselves from the celebration. My bridesmaids are important to me and I want them to be comfortable and happy.

These are somewhere in the range of what I would like to see them wearing. Something classy, black, simple, and in a cut that compliments their individual body types. The options below were all found on JCPenney.com so they are really pretty cheap. I have a few ideas to spice things up and we will accessorize the heck out of these, so here goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment