Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I haven't posted much in the last few days, but on my days off here I have been doing a ton of planning work. By planning I mean all sorts of future planning as the future hubby and I have found (and fell in love with through various bouts of B & E excursions...) a house that we are hoping to buy. It is PERFECTLY IMPERFECT!!!!
No lies, it is a fixer for sure, but it has some serious potential. It was built around 1900, yes that's right it's a farmhouse complete with barn, hardwood floors and wood trim, mature trees, and wide open spaces! 2 acres to be exact!!!
The set-backs? It's probably been sitting empty for a year so we're not sure about the shape of the plumbing; we know it needs new shingles if not the whole roof; one of the bathrooms is completely unfinished as in no drywall even; the whole house is a little over 2000sf so it will be interesting to heat and cool, plus I don't know how the heat/cool systems even are in it; the septic system and well could be in good or bad shape, don't know..... We'll definitely be putting the inspector to work!!!

I am so excited and I have been researching every type of loan I can think of and have learned a little about the house-purchasing process. Turns out there are some loans for the "fixer-upper" where there is the purchase price for the house and add the approximate renovation costs up to $35,000. This would be ideal for our situation since the built in repair amount would let us get at least the roof project out of the way and some odds and ends to make sure the house is in livable condition.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment