Monday, June 8, 2009

Quilted Table Runner?

I have flirted for a while with many ideas that incorporate memories of my grandma and grandpa in my wedding. I would love to have some sort of snap dragons and/or bleeding hearts in the flowers somewhere even if only once.

My grandma, Rosalie, loved to quilt and was a very talented seamstress back in her day. She was constantly finishing a project of her own and helping me along in many of my own sewing adventures. She was involved in a quilting club and I remember sorting through many (many, many..) quilts that were clad in pillowcase coverings, muchlike clowns out of a clown car, that she had spent who knows how many years creating/collecting/etc. Tonight I thought it would be really neat to make simple, quilted, table runners. Maybe later I could converge the strips into a nice wedding quilt to remind us of our day?

I thought light, breezy cottons in pale colors like ivory, champaigne, some patterns, mostly retro, but coordinating in composition. Sound good?

No comments:

Post a Comment